Xlaces Accu-Fit Adjustable Compression Laces feature enlarged (auto-blocking) knots that can be manually reduced in diameter size by stretching the lace apart where the reduction is needed, either for lacing or adjustment, release to set your compression preference. Knots create an adjustable compression zone between each set of eyelets to provide a tuned ergonomic fit.
Xlaces: Accu-Fit Compression Laces
The unique design of the Xlacing system solves the problem of lace migration.
Xlaces have an elastic core and a series of knots along the entire length of the lace at consistent length intervals. Stretch the lace and the knots disappear, allowing you to thread the lace through the eyelets. Release the tension and the knots reappear. More knots between eyelets lessens the tension; fewer knots between eyelets increases tension. This technology enhances footwear fit, comfort and performance through its many advantages:
- The Xlace expands during natural foot swelling and eliminates foot compression.
- The lace does not slip — the knots maintain the original fit by restricting involuntary lace movement through the eyelets; increasing comfort and keeping the foot stable in the foot bed.
- No plastic pieces are needed.
- Eliminates “dual-compression impact” (impact #1 = shoe sole hits ground / impact #2 = foot hits foot bed of shoe).
- A lace shoe is made into a slip-on — Never tie you shoelaces again!
- Asymmetrical lacing — the shoe upper can be molded to the natural non-symmetric form of the foot by independently adjusting the tension between each set of eyelets. The unique ability to have different tension zones along the entire lacing system results in a custom fit every time.
- Enhanced lateral stabilization is achieved by increasing the tension along the left or right side of a shoe upper. This helps to stabilize and support the foot within the foot bed while enhancing footwear and foot care technologies such as orthotics, arch supports and insole technologies.